(ACK)ademic™

Menu

Kids for Peace

Today at Chestnut Ridge Middle School we are celebrating Peace in honor of International Peace Day which was on Monday 9/21/15. The video below is from an organization called Kids for Peace and gives a great perspective on why peace is important and the impact it has on kids all around the world. Many thanks to science teacher, Diane Gonzalez for bringing this great day and its purpose to the kids and community at Chestnut Ridge and for displaying the Peace Dove she built with her students in her Roots & Shoots Club!

After you view the video and read the peace pledge, leave a comment about what peace means to you and how it could change the world!

Download (PDF, 362KB)

Categories:   Events, video

Comments

• Posted: September 25, 2015 22:00

Nadia Campoverde

Dear.Mrs Ackerman this is Nadia Campoverde and this is what peace means to me is being happy and enjoy life.I would change the world by being kind to everyone and saying hi.Thats what peace means to me and how I would change the World.
    • Posted: September 28, 2015 00:35

Mrs_A

Nadia, being kind to everyone would be wonderful. It would be nice if everyone could follow your advice!
  • Posted: September 27, 2015 22:32

michael benoit

Peace to me means to be and kind to other people. If everyone was nice and kind this world would be extraordinary. I will keep a promise to not bully ,be nice and kind to everyone. Not to the people that I feel like being nice to. I promise to stay positive and try to keep a smile on everyone's face. I promise to help alot of people that really needs help. I dedicate these promises to the day of peace and I will always stay positive. Smile more my friends
    • Posted: September 28, 2015 00:35

Mrs_A

Michael this is wonderful and heartfelt! So pleased to read this and am proud of you! See you tomorrow =)
  • Posted: September 28, 2015 03:15

Seyda lala

Hi I am seyda lala from 1p when I hear the word peace for me it means kind to one to each other and that we have to be kind also
  • Posted: September 28, 2015 04:34

Justin

Mrs A peace is no violence no bullying it is loveing each other and Carrie For each other that is what peace day is for me
Click to listen highlighted text!